- Lesson 1-The world’s friendliest city
- Lesson 2-The happiest country in the world
- Lesson 3- The electric revolution
- Lesson 4-Traffic Jams — No End in Sight
- Lesson 5- Air-conditioning
- Lesson 6 Vocabulary Review- Humpback whale breaks migration record
- Lesson 7 Vocabulary Review- The garbage problem
- Lesson 8 Vocabulary Review – Make a change
- Lesson 9 Vocabulary Review- Buy nothing Day
- Lesson 10 Vocabulary Review- Here today, gone tomorrow
- Lesson 11 Vocabulary Review – The burden of thirst
- Lesson 12 Vocabulary Review – The Pompidou Centre
- Lesson 13 Vocabulary Review – White mountain, green tourism
- Lesson 14 Vocabulary Review -Reading in a whole new way
Lesson 2-The happiest country in the world
1. Đọc thành tiếng, lặp lại sau giáo viên
The happiest country in the world
Children growing up in Costa Rica are surrounded by some of the most beautiful and diverse landscapes in the world. Preserving tropical rainforests isn’t Costa Rica’s only success, because the government also makes sure everyone has access to health-care and education. So when the New Economics Foundation released its second Happy Planet Index, Costa Rica came out number one. The index is a ranking of countries based on their impact on the environment and the health and happiness of their citizens.
According to Mariano Rojas, a Costa Rican economics professor, Costa Rica is a mid-income country where citizens have plenty of time for themselves and for their relationships with others. ‘A mid-income level allows most citizens to satisfy their basic needs. The government makes sure that all Costa Ricans have access to education, health, and nutrition services.’ Costa Ricans, he believes, are not interested in status or spending money to show how successful they are.
Created in 2008, the Happy Planet Index examines happiness on a national level and ranks 143 countries according to three measurements: their citizens’ happiness, how long they live (which reflects their health), and how much of the planet’s resources each country consumes. According to researcher Saamah Abdallah, the Index also measures the outcomes that are most important, and those are happy, healthy lives for everyone.
2. Luyện tập nhấn mạnh âm cuối (emphasizing ending sounds) bằng cách thêm ơ vào sau các âm cuối. Video tại https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwZXN2pw8DA&feature=youtu.be